Employment Opportunities with The Pottery Piazza
We are currently looking for candidates for one part-time (non-seasonal) position opening. Please read through the position description and if you meet these criteria, we encourage you to apply! We offer a competitive hourly wage, employee discounts, flexible scheduling and a creative work environment! The position we are hiring for requires candidates to have the utmost positive, “can do” attitude at all times, have excellent communication and super friendly people skills, be able to work in a team environment, sometimes work by themselves, and be punctual and responsible. Qualified applicants are encouraged to stop in to the studio to pick up an application to complete (no phone calls or emails please) as follow-ups and interviews will be taking place shortly.
Position - Studio Associate
Candidates for the Studio Associate position must meet the following requirements to be considered for the position:
- Must be available to work Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and some weeknights. Weekdays a plus!
- Qualified applicants must be able to work at a quick pace, consistently be able to stand and walk for long periods of time, climb ladders, and occasionally lift items up to 25 lbs or more.
- Qualified applicants must be 18 or older with their own reliable transportation as they will be opening/closing the studio, sometimes as late as 11pm as well as operating studio machinery related to the ceramic process.
- Awesome customer service skills and the desire to help and instruct customers with their creations.
- Hours average between 15-25 hours per week and may be more during peak seasons.
Basic responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to providing excellent customer service to our guests by servicing, assisting, and teaching customers and groups, actively selling studio products and promoting events, glazing, loading and unloading pottery in a kiln, unpacking and restocking product shipments, cleaning the studio, more cleaning, unpacking shipments, restocking, and performing opening/closing duties. Please note that Studio Associates do not sit and paint pottery as part of their job duties, this is a very active position working on your feet most of the day, very similar to a restaurant/waitstaff position.
You bring the great attitude, we provide full training and a fun and rewarding working environment!
The Pottery Piazza is an equal opportunity employer.